Sunday, September 20, 2015

Week 4 Famous Last Words

This week, my best writing definitely came from my story I wrote for this class! I absolutely loved the story I wrote from a Falcon's point of view, coming from the Bidpai story called The King, The Falcon, and The Drinking Cup.
It was a new style for me for sure and I tried really hard to understand how the animal would feel and what he would and would not understand, he didn't know his master was a king, for example, he only understood that he was a "regal man." I focused most on how the falcon felt as he decided the second time to fly into the king's cup even after he saw how angry the king was. I thought that was important because he sort of was choosing to accept the consequences of possibly dying of the king's anger in order to save the king's life.
I also really liked the title I chose, which is usually the hardest part of the storytelling posts for me, because it highlighted the loyalty I was trying to convey in the story. I also really liked the picture I picked, which was just one of a baby falcon, because I thought that it really helped the readers picture the story when they knew what the animal they were reading about looked like!
Source: Wikipedia

One thing I learned this week was from reading other people reading diary posts. I liked how several of them that I read were in bulleted form, instead of the sentence form I usually use, and that made it way easier to pick out their thoughts on the readings and the questions that they had.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ann-Marie! I already commented on your introduction so I am commenting here. I read and commented on your week 4 story post, it was very beautifully written! I think you did a great job with everything in the story, from picking the title to picking the picture. I know that was hard as I struggle myself to pick a title and sometimes on finding a good picture for the stories. Therefore, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ann-Marie,
    It is so good that you are pushing yourself to write in different perspectives. You can use that for a growth mindset challenge post, if you haven't already! I know that it can feel extremely challenging, but when the story turns out even better than you hoped it can sure make you feel fantastic, and who doesn't love baby animals!

    ReplyDelete