Sunday, September 6, 2015

Week 2's Famous Last Words

It has been a crazy hectic and busy week and my school work definitely showed that this week. Compared to orientation week and the first week, this week I submitted assignments much closer to the deadline than I was comfortable with. I found myself getting very caught up in my other classes and not sticking to the schedule I had created for this class. This coming week I am going to work harder to keep up with my assignments in all of my classes, especially focusing on making sure my assignments in this class do not get forgotten.
I ended up only doing the half-reading this week, because I let it fall to the bottom on my to do list and it did not get done. I read from Ovid's Metamorphoses and I throughly enjoyed the Greco-Roman mythology. It was nice that the readings were familiar to me and that helped me get used to how to read the stories. Although I had a lot of trouble with the Reading Diaries, I couldn't really come up with what I wanted to put in my notes. I do want to read something farther from my comfort zone next week though.
I felt like my writing was good this week, but my story concept was not as strong as it was in week one. I had a hard time thinking of a way to retell the stories in Ovid's Metamorphoses because so many different angles are told in the stories themselves. What I ended up with, though, I thought was good and I really do like how my story ended up!
My week consisted of a lot of studying for other classes, but I was very proud of myself for the amount I studied and how dedicated I was this week. Now to just continue that on throughout the rest of the semester.
Personal photo of my study space this week (September 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment