Sunday, September 13, 2015

Storybook Brainstorming on Styles

Topic I have decided to use stories from Aesop's fables my Storybook after I loved writing my story this week! I found the story to be really easy and natural to write and I loved that I felt like the point came across really well! I would take three different stories from Aesop's fables and use the morals to create stories with children characters and situations that would apply to them! I liked the idea of using my stories to help teach kids morals that are really seen in children's stories today.
The stories I have researched and decided to most likely include are:
         The Eagle and the Jackdaw
         The Sheep and the Pig

because I loved their morals and saw them fitting in with a human story well.
I also plan to use sites, such as Wikipedia, to help me understand the morals in order to write the best possible retelling.
Bibliography
The Sheep and the Pig, from Aesop for Children illustrated by Milo Winter (1919).
The Eagle and the Jackdaw, from Aesop for Children illustrated by Milo Winter (1919).

Storytelling styles
I like the idea of making my storybook sort of like a Winnie the Pooh book for children, but with an Aesop moral in each story! I definitely want to aim my stories towards children with children characters!
I think a third person storytelling method would work really well because it would be like a mom or dad telling a child a story. This is my favorite and I think it is the most logical selection for my story since it is the most common point of view for Children's books.

A first person storytelling method could also be really cool because it would be like the child learning the moral in real time and you would be able to see that! I hadn't thought about doing that until this post but it could be really cool to use a kid's thoughts during my stories!

I think I would like to create characters, maybe even the ones I used from this week's storytelling post, and connect each story in a frametale style! I think that this would be the coolest way to do it.

But it also might be hard to make the morals of each story work for the characteristics of a single set of characters. I could also do more of a anthology and use different characters each story. I could even keep the characters all in the same elementary school so that the connection makes more sense! Or I could use completely different characters and settings, much like Aesop does.

No comments:

Post a Comment