Sunday, September 6, 2015

Reading Diary A: Aesop for Children (Winter)

This is my reading diary A for the Unit Aesop for Children (Winter).

The Tortoise and the Ducks
I liked this story's moral: Foolish curiosity and vanity often lead to misfortune. It was an interesting story on how the tortoise could not resist telling the crow that he was indeed the king of the tortoises even when the ducks had warned him not to speak.
The Eagle and the Jackdaw
I liked the ending of this story and the idea you shouldn't do something just because you saw that someone else was able. I also like the picture in this story, it helped me visualize the story.
The Oxen and the Wheels
I like that this story personified a inanimate object, as well at the animal. I also liked the moral: They who complain most suffer least. 
The Farmer and the Stork
This was my favorite story! I loved the moral: you are judged by the company you keep. I think that is so incredible relatable to times today and it is often lost in todays modern time. We too often think we are only judged on who we are as a person, but most often we are judged on who is around us. 
The Boys and the Frogs
The moral of this story, Always stop to think whether your fun may not be the cause of another's unhappiness, hit home to me. I liked that the moral pointed out that our actions affect other and making someone unhappy is more important than you having fun. 
The Lion, The Bear, and The Fox
This story was cool and I liked that it taught to work together but also that the ones who work the hardest do not always receive the spoils of their work. 
The Wolf and the Lean Dog
Take what you can get when you can get it; I like that moral and find it to line up with a realist point of view, rather than an optimist who would always think something better is coming.
The Dogs and the Hides
This story was enjoyable to read and I could easily figure out the moral to the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment