Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Week 8: Reflections: Looking Forward

I've already looked back at the last seven weeks of this semester and now I want to look forward at the rest of the semester!

Writing:
In the rest of the semester, I really want to work on writing in different styles than I typically do! I think that I have gotten stuck in the same ideas for the past couple of weeks without really going outside the box to look for ideas! One of my classmates stories was really cool, it was a myth retold as if the main character was in a psych ward and the story was his delusion! It really stuck me as cool and I really want to try something like that! I also tend to retell stories in a different point of view, which I like, but I think I should try some new things! I also want to start adding more dialogue to my stories, something I struggle with sometimes!

Reading:
As the semester moves on, I want to focus my readings on more what interests me and not as much on the first thing that catches my eye! I also am guilty of not doing Reading Diary A on Monday and only doing half units, which I am definitely working to change!

Interactions:
I  really like how my interactions are going and my only thing would be maybe to start trying to reply to the comments on my blog posts!

Time:
I need a lot of work in this category as the semester moves forward! I am not very good at sticking to a schedule, especially on days like Tuesday and Thursday because I do not begin class until 12:30 and I usually try to do my assignments in the morning. However, I tend to sleep in instead of getting up and doing my homework! I am going to try and block out time chunks each week to work on this class, rather than focusing on individual assignments that need to be completed!

Location:
I am pretty happy with varying the locations that I do this classwork, it keeps me interested!

Growth Mindset:
I am going to work on starting to do my growth mindset posts again, as I really enjoyed them! They were easy to get done and they really help me in my classes!

Curation:
I need to work on my curation skill, as I usually just keep everything open in different tabs and different windows of my safari right now! This really stinks when I have to restart my computer and I loose everything that was open.

Points:
Right now I have the amount of points needed to stay on track for an A at the beginning of next week! I need to work on doing all of the extra credit again and getting back ahead in this class, as I would like to finish early!

MOTIVATION:
Staying positive is half the battle in life!!
Image Source: AllPosters



1 comment:

  1. Hey I specifically really relate on the time management! I work each day and have class during mornings and evenings. I get going so fast I forget to look up at times. So, I think what you have seen and done is great. I would say just keep working on what you need to and adjust your schedule as needed as the day goes along. Good work!

    ReplyDelete