Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Week 7 Reading Diary A: Chinese Fairy Tales

This week I am reading from the second half of the Chinese Fairy Tales unit and I am really excited to see how they differ from the English fairy tales that I have read!

The Little Hunting Dog

  • I love that the story starts with "Once upon a time"
  • The imagery of the little soldiers and hunting dogs is really cool and way not what I was expecting at all! It could be cool to explore the small soldiers and dogs further 
  • The ending of this story was really weird and kind of confusing, did he flatten and kill the little dog?
Fox-Fire

  •  I think this would be a cool to retell in a super creative story telling style!
    • Start with the ending of the story and then say 30 years earlier... like what suspenseful shows often do!
    • Meme I made with makeameme.org
      • Start with him dying as he stares at the ball of fire above him and seeing the fox in his peripheral vision

  • Maybe add more conflict before he dies and more dialogue (since I tend to lack that in my stories)
The Talking Silver Foxes
  • The different names were really confusing in this story! 
Retribution
  • The old man killing the water-carrier was an odd twist
  • The dialogue also doesn't make much sense in this story
The Night on the Battlefield
  • The beginning kind of reminds me of the story of bethlehem because there is no room or food for the old man
  • The story is interesting but I wold have to research it more to understand it better!

No comments:

Post a Comment