Monday, October 26, 2015

Tech Tip: Blogger Design Template

Hey guys! This week I decided to change up the Design of my blog on Blogger and I explored the Design Templates! I love how many options that Blogger has to offer and that you can customize each one to fit your style and needs!

I really wanted to do the "dynamic" templates on Blogger, but they do not allow me to keep the labels to the right side of my blog, which is definitely something I need for this class!

I started with a "watermark" template design because I really liked that it had sort of transparent boxes and let the background image show through! The hardest part for me was choosing a background image for my blog that I thought fit the blog content, my personality, and allowed the text to be easily read by visitors! I ended up going with a simple purple/grey background with an orange and yellow flower to the right side!
Screenshot of the Watermark template choice and my background image choice
(October 26, 2015)

I also chose to customize the fonts and fonts colors under the "Advanced" option and really liked this because it gave me the option to make sure that everything could be read easily and add some personality and style to my blog! I chose a purple and lavender color font scheme so that it matched the background but still had enough definition that you could read it!

Ive changed my blog design several times, I think this is my 3rd or 4th time, but I am really happy with how this one turned out and the simplicity of it! I also really like the light colors of the blog versus the darker colors that I had before!

If you want to check out my new design, you can at annmarieandmyths.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree, this is a great layout! I have wanted to change my layout but I am afraid that I will be very indecisive in what I want. Blogger kind of reminds me of the hours that I would take in deciding what myspace layout I wanted and how I wanted my friends to see my page. I am afraid that if I venture it will be like myspace all over again, haha. Kudos to you though, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete