Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Week 8: Reflections: Looking Back

During this post, I wanted to talk about what I have experienced in this class and what I have learned about myself.

Writing:
This class and the past eight weeks have really shown me how much I enjoy writing stories and how much it helps me relax during the week! My favorite story by far was from Week 3 based on Aesop's fables: http://annmarieandmyths.blogspot.com/2015/09/storytelling-week-3-kindergarten.html! I think my project is going really well, I like the concept and I really enjoy writing the stories for it. Sometimes it's hard to think of stories that can applied to the kindergarten age group with the morals from Aesop's fable!

Readings:
I like the readings, although that's what I find myself having trouble making time for each week, and my favorites have been the reading over Aesop's fables! It makes sense that I chose that for my project!

Interactions:
This is my first fully online class and it took me a couple of weeks to get used to the interactions with classmates online, especially in the commenting on each other's blogs! I do feel like I am getting to know the people in this class each week!

Time:
I think the hardest part about this class for me is time management, as without a physical classroom, sometimes I find myself getting behind! I am working on sticking to a more concrete schedule each week to make sure that I get all of my work done on time!

Location:
 I usually do this class wherever I have time! Whether it be my apartment, my sorority house, the library, or the building I hang out in between my classes, I typically work on this class wherever I can when I have time!

Growth Mindset:
I have been doing growth mindset posts, although not for the last two weeks, and I am really enjoying them! I definitely think that my mindset has changed in this class and I have been able to apply that to my other classes as well, which is so freaking cool!!
My favorite Growth Mindset picture I have found so far on Facebook!


Curation:
I don't typically do curation posts, but the few that I have done have taught me how to curate things better. I never thought I would have needed those skills, but they are proving helpful in my classes, especially when I am writing papers!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ann-Marie,
    the reading for this class is hard, well at least remembering to do it is. this is one of the only online classes that I have taken as well but like you said it is more normal that we have really gotten to class. it cool that you are getting to use the growth mindset in your other classes keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete